As most of you know, Hurom was an official sponsor of The (RED) Supper, bringing New York its freshest, custom juices.
It’s not everyday you get to enjoy a four-course meal by these star chefs and sit amongst celebrities. (Or, maybe you do. In that case, I am quite jealous of you. Cheers.)
At the Eat Red, Drink Red, Save Lives kick-off party, Hurom was able to contribute and provide two of their own custom juices for guests to enjoy, Hurom (RED) Juice and Kiwi Kick. And I’m sure you’ve guessed by now, today we’ll be taking a look at the Hurom (RED) Juice that we served at the party.
I titled this post The (Beet) Roots for two reasons:
- The original Hurom juice recipe is called Beet Apple.
- The Roots performed at The (RED) Supper.
This juice recipe will definitely hit the spot, taste-wise and health-wise, because the beetroot is teeming with a substance called “betacyanin,” which contains a large amount of iron. It helps protect the liver cells from toxins and just overall helps to cleanse the body while also protecting it. So without further ado!
What you’ll need: (per 280ml serving)
- Juicer 350g
- Apple 20g Beet
- 20g Lemon
What you’ll do:
- Wash all ingredients thoroughly, remove seeds from apple, and cut into appropriate sizes.
- Peel lemon, and then slice into appropriate sizes.
- Put the juicer lever on “close/juice.” Extract about half of the apple, and then extract beet and lemon.
- Insert the rest of the apple, then place lever on “half-open/clean” and allow pulp to be expelled.